The Running Flax

Friday, September 22, 2006

I'm not going to bother to puff this one up as my latest attempt. It is, but making a big deal out of it only seems to set myself up for failure. Is late September the best time to start running? Maybe not. Is there a better time for me right now? No. I can only look at myself disgustedly in the mirror so many times before I have to suck it up. But actions speak louder than words, so I offer you this instead of a bunch more bluster:

http://www.mapmyrun.com/view_route.php?r=dc4519dc83210e1693ef627e447a0168

Finally, someone has combined my need to run with my love of maps! Not all of the two miles was running, as I explain on that page; the portions between the start and stop signs were, so from Cornelia to Belmont on Lake Shore, and from roughly Aldine to Addison on the lake shore path. That's somewhere between 3/4 of a mile and a mile, depending. I spent ten minutes actually running. Two miles of a walking/running combo isn't bad for a start, anyway, especially since after stopping at Addison my legs were so weak it took me 20 more minutes just to get back to the apartment.

I'll keep updating with run maps as they happen, but I don't think I'll say too much besides that for right now. I've gotta walk the walk (or in this case, run the run) before I can talk the talk.


|